In this interview Bevan explains the inspiration behind the idea of the night market.
Key points from this interview are below:
- The concept has been inspired by the overseas night markets from the Asian countries
- The out door concept that is the main feature of these markets overseas has had some criticism mainly due to New Zealand’s unpredictable weather
- Create an attraction, “something different”; perhaps create a tourist or visitors destination also
- Stalls at the New Lynn night market are hand picked
- “I bring them in because they sell something different to the other stores” – keeping a variety also reduces competition as it is only a small night market